Saturday, September 13, 2008

5 Things

I've committed myself to finding 5 things a week that make me smile and then blogging about them. I feel like sometimes I need a reminder that life is good and I can't let things get me down! So here it goes, 5 things that made me smile this week:


1. Taking a trip down memory lane. In my last post I mentioned my extensive collection of New Kids on the Block Memorabilia. A Lot of people cannot understand why I am so excited for the New Kids on the Block concert. The answer is simple. It reminds me of a simple time in my life. At the age of eleven I was truly obsessed with five teenagers who sang silly songs about the right stuff and loving girls forever. It was a time when my dad had to drive me and my cousins to a concert so we could sing and cry and swear they noticed us. So last weekend I found all my old stuff packed away in my basement (thanks mom for somehow knowing I would need it again). I brought it to work to show with my coworker Jen who is the only other person I know who has her New Kids stuff. We laughed and had a great time reliving all our New Kids memories. Thank you Jen for being as obsessed as me!

2. My adorable husband's never ending battle to rid our home of wasp infestation. Poor Roy is still fighting the wasps. This week he found our 7th nest. Our exterminator said we have the most infestation he's ever seen. I think we should get a discount for the record. I do have pictures of Roy fighting the wasps but I don't think he would appreciate me posting them.



3. My Little Asthmatic. After a trip to the ER on Thursday night for an asthma attack I decided to go into work late on Friday and spend the morning with the kid. It was the most destructive morning I have ever spent with him. He got his booty stuck in the dog food storage bin and hurt himself more times then I can count. I had to laugh. I think he was secretly trying to make me smile. Little booger.



4. Today I spent like 2 hours playing Mario Kart on Wii in my parent's media room with my sister Melissa. It was so relaxing. I love Wii!!!! It is the ultimate stress reliever!!!

5. Of course you have to guess that one thing that would make me smile would involve food. On Wednesday I found out the $.99 banana split from Sonic only has 3.5 grams of fat and 180 calories. Exciting. Of course I made Roy go get me one! Woo Hoo!!!

So there you have it, 5 things that made me smile. I have a feeling next week is going to be extra tough. I am going to work extra hard to concentrate on the positive!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I love your idea, maybe I will have to try this on my blog. And that's great news about those Sonic banana splits, I LOVE those. And now I can love them even more!!