Have you ever been stuck in a car for 3 hours with a 3 year old who really LOVES to talk? Let me preface this story by saying I love being a mom. I love being Tyler's mom. OK now you won't think I'm terrible.
This morning there was a GIANT manhunt in OFallon. I guess there was a high speed chase and the guy wrecked the car and ran off into the brush. There was a ton of traffic on the highway so I got off one exit before I needed to. When I exited I knew instantly I made a mistake. There were police cars everywhere and every car was being searched. Tyler and I sat in the car for 3 hours. It was a glorious 3 hours let me tell you. Screaming, whining, asking countless questions about the bad guy. Then after about 2 hours in a mess of non moving traffic he said the worst possible thing, "I have to pee." Come on. If you are picturing this in your head, I had all the windows on the Pathfinder down, so everyone around us is aware of the situation. My little guy is in the back screaming about how much it hurts and I am scrambling trying to find something, anything for him to relieve himself in. I noticed his sippy cup on the floor, yes everyone he peed in his own sippy cup. Talk about traumatizing. Then when he got back in the car seat (traffic is still not moving so he was never out of his car seat when the car was moving) he sat on his pop tart and stayed on it for the remainder of our journey. Needless to say I was a little crazed. The highlight was when our car was searched. Tyler was so excited to talk to the police officer. I said a silent prayer that Tyler didn't tell the officer that he peed in his sippy cup. Anyway they did finally catch the bad guy and I threw away the sippy cup. I feel better. Thank you for listening. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Poor kid...ok that was actually a cute story in a sad, weird kinda way. I thought you were gonna say he had to pee off the side of the road in front of all the commotion. Well maybe he just might never want to drink out of a sippy cup again. too funny!
Ha ha! I think he might remember this forever! I know it was a difficult 3 hours for you, but it makes for an entertaining story!
~ Jen
Post a Comment