There is a turf war in our house between parents and child. Today the parents regained a room. On Sunday I pretty much had a breakdown. One can only step on so many Hotwheels or get hit with so many nerf darts before they lose their sanity. So I took an ENTIRE day off work to move, throw away, and organize. I threw away 3 trash bags full of broken toys, torn books, and multiple Happy Meals toys (OK all Happy Meal toys, but don't tell T). I took T to the babysitter at 9 and told her I would be back at noon. I sadly misjudged the amount of time this task would take. It took me 7 hours! I am posting these "after" pictures as a plea to all of you reading this who insist on constantly showering him with presents. The "before" pictures were much too scary. Please do not buy him anymore toys!
All the toys moved from his room to the basement.

Playroom in the corner of the basement.
A clean room! Hooray!


OK, so it's not totally ours yet. We need to take the playhouse out of his room before this GIANT 6 in 1 Sports Station will fit.
3 comments:
Yay, you! We have this war often at our house and I'm not sure who's winning. Job well done, and I'm sure you must feel very satisfied looking at all you accomplished. Hopefully, it will stay like that for a while. :)
Holy Cow, that is a TON of toys!! We bought our house with a 3rd car garage that was built as a room instead. It was originally a den, but as soon as we started collecting toys (and they were taking over our house), that room became a playroom. It's so nice to have a place to put all of the junk... er, I mean toys. :) And some days my living room still looks like toys exploded all over it... how does this happen?? Good job on your cleaning adventure!
Way to go Amy! You are more than welcome to come to my house and do the same- really!!! You could do this for a living- I'd pay you!
Good luck w/ not getting any more gifts! HAHA
Post a Comment