Monday, January 26, 2009

Our Weekend Part One: The Racerman and the Lady


On Saturday night we were privileged enough to attend the XiiR (Extreme International Ice Racing)event at the Family Arena. My good friend Amanda(who I've known for over 20 years Wow!)is married to an International Ice Racing Champion named James. Pretty cool. I don't know how she watches her husband in these races. It would make me crazy! I believe they said the bikes go from 0-60 in 3 seconds and don't have brakes. We had a great time! Tyler also made friends with Amanda. He talked her ear off for at least 45 minutes. On the way home I asked him what his favorite part was and he replied, "talking to that lady." Sorry James, I guess Amanda is more exciting, you are going to step it up a bit. Although he did mention wanting to have the Racerman over for dinner.
If anyone wants to see fantastic pictures of this event you can click on the link to Amanda Mann Photography in the Blogs I Read section.

1 comment:

Amanda Mann said...

HA! It was so much fun! I'm glad you guys made it- and I made a handsome new friend:) I also think he told me something about wanting to race the quads on ice- sorry!