Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pain Pills, Birth Control, or Surgery....... Oh My!

I have endometriosis. According to my (former) infertility specialist one of the worst cases he has ever seen. Is has almost completely destroyed my reproductive system. In fact, my chances of conceiving on my own without extremely expensive procedures are less than 5%. Of course miracles can happen! Anywho, I've spent the last 2 months in a vicodin haze. I am on birth control to control the endometriosis but it isn't working. So now it's time to make a choice, live on pain pills, stronger birth control, or surgery to once again (#3) clean out all the scar tissue. You'll be happy to know I have downgraded my pain killers so I can function. On Saturday I accidentally took 2 vicodin instead of the recommended 1 and let Tyler paint my face. Let me tell you I was pretty! This week I am taking a break from decision making and am going to concentrate on celebrating my sweet boy's 5th year of life. On Saturday we are having a HUGE birthday carnival in our backyard. It is a welcome distraction. Hopefully I will only take the recommended pain pill dose and not make a fool of myself. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Now THAT would've been a good picture!...the face painting. :) I pray that everything can work out for you with whatever you decide to do. That darn endometriosis! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. Hopefully blessings will soon pour your way.

Amanda Mann said...

Ugg- Amy- this sucks- life is full of hard times, huh? I hope everything gets better for you- keep me posted.