Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Winery Weekend


A week and a half ago Roy and I visited beautiful Ste Genevieve with our dear friends Steve and Kelly. We were supposed to go on a float trip (yucky) but it was canceled. For those of you not familiar with float trips it is 2 days of heat, camping, and floating down a nasty river full of snakes and other awful things. Needless to say I was not disapointed with the cancellation.
We called our visit to Ste Genevieve "Plan B." Plan B included visting up to 5 wineries, dining at a local steakhouse, and then spending the night at a local Microtel Inn.

We had a wonderful time. We went to a winery that was in a cave. There were supposed to be bats, but I didn't see any. Kelly cut her hand pretty bad on my Pampered Chef Color Coated Paring Knife cutting sausage. Pampered Chef knives are very sharp and probably shouldn't be handled by someone who has been drinking wine. ;)

1 comment:

AudyCamp said...

ok funny side note-did you know we used to own a Microtel Inn? hehe:) Your little guy is so cute on his playground.